Policies & Procedures
It is our intention to make Buttercups genuinely accessible to children and families from all sections of the local community, 50 weeks of the year.
In order to accomplish this, we will:
• Describe the nursery school and its practices in terms which make it clear that it welcomes fathers and mothers, other relations and carers, including childminders and people from all cultural, ethnic, religious and social groups, with and without disabilities.
• Monitor the gender and ethnic background of children joining the group to ensure that no accidental discrimination is taking place.
• Make our equal opportunities policy widely known.
• Ask parents to choose which hours they would like their children to attend subject to availability.
• £100 will be charged to secure a place at Buttercups Nursery School.
• £50 of this amount will be charged at the time of registration and is non-refundable.
• As part of this non-refundable fee you will be given a yellow crewneck t-shirt, a book bag, and a blue shoe bag
• The final £50, of the above £100 payment, will be required 12 months prior to your child’s start date, along with confirmation of days and hours attending. (This charge will be refunded when your child/children leave Buttercups Nursery School).
Please refer to our Payment Policy
• We only reserve places for children who are joining Buttercups at 2yrs 9mths to the term before the Government Funding commences.
• Funded places cannot be reserved unless the funding period commences from the beginning of the academic year, (September)
• If you defer your child’s starting date by 4 weeks or more you will be asked to pay a retainer of 50% of your monthly fees to keep your child’s space at Buttercups Nursery School.
• If you reduce your child’s days and/or hours by more than 2 weeks or more you will be asked to pay full fees to keep your child’s space at Buttercups Nursery School.
• Alternatively you can apply for a space when the funding commences.
Hours (subject to availability)
• Extra hours will be charged at £5.00
• If you request extra hours for your child after 3.30pm you will be charged at the normal rate and if your child has dinner you will be charged £2.25 for a meal.
• We do not permit any swapping of hours between children/siblings at the nursery school.
• We do not permit any swapping of hours/days when children cannot attend their booked in sessions.
• We do not charge for Bank Holidays.
• We require a notice period of 6 weeks for any reduction in days/hours.
• We require a notice period of 12 weeks for termination of contract with Buttercups Nursery School.
Please refer to our payment policy.